*

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Our family celebrating Singapore 45th National Day!

*
if there was a best dressed for 45th National Day contest, the winners would be my aunt A and baby R!


they almost look like they are wearing the same flowery top! what we needed were mini Singapore flags.... love the panel design and i got daddy to take a shot with me and he reluctantly came over and i hid behind him to make myself look smaller... haha.... look what big arms i have!


snack was good old finger-licking yummy kfc!
some had it with coke, some had beer and how does it taste with wine?


my restless little one, couldnt sit down by herself...


we were all standing by for the favourite parachute show! we saw them high up in the sky, all of them in the air floating in the blue background.... we were all excited to see them getting lower and we cheered as thou we were part of the parade as it does feel very near but yes, yet so far.... we had the tv blasting to telecast the padang mood.


not long that we had our snack.... came dinner.... aunt o ordered mee goreng and fried rice for dinner!


lucky baby R has so much love and hugs from her little yiyis!


it was great feeling when we saw the huge Singapore flag flew past. one batch went up to the infinity pool top to see the view and they were really lucky to catch the fighter planes fly past! way cool as the planes flew just right above them. for us in the room, we were taken away with the fast speed planes that zoom out as if it came right out from the building!


can't see much at the padang with the zoom but we could see tiny army vehicals on the nicole highway
and with the zoom on my camera we could see it alittle bigger


on the 52nd storey, i took a pic downwards and things really look tiny ... everywhere near the merlion was filled with people waiting to see the ever breathe-taking fireworks which never fail to make people excited and happy. i love fireworks! We were at home twice and there were rehersals and i watched it twice from our flat with baby R. the 2nd time i even looked at the clock to see what time it starts! 8:10 & 8:25pm!


its pretty interesting to see Singapore Skyline from where i was standing. its like looking at a postcard!
gx pointed out to the platform on the waters and thats where the fireworks will be shooting out from!


 Love it when Kit Chan belt out HOME. i have to say that Singapore is Home is to me.


Spectacular view of the fireworks! the whole display was just right infront of us!


a surprise arranged by the hosts for 3 bdae people in the house! my dad is one of the lucky ones!


i had the priviledge to play for everyone on the grand piano. i may not play very well and mostly oldies, i just put my heart to it as i have always wanted to perform on the grand piano. with my family, the older generation may appreciate what i played for them as they sing-a-long. for the younger generation they may not know whats going on, for my same gen, who may find it boring to hear the same old songs but to me, its something that i did since young, way before karaoke was born. its something that i enjoy doing as it brings everyone together. its something that i have and i love about as i love remembering the past, my grandma, my grandad with special songs and when i play them alone, i think of them and i cry.

i took the chance to play the song i played at my wedding for my mum. i requested for my mum to sit next to me while i play... i fumbled on my notes and my fingers entangled as i was pretty nervous with her next to me.... my heart was racing fast. i secretly played a song for my dad too... dedicating it to him.... i want to send my many thanks to my uncle M and aunt O who gave me a wonderful experience with my own family within the big family! i feel so lucky!

No comments: