*

Saturday, September 25, 2010

i brought Kyushu to mum!

Sept 8th 2010. its mum's 59th bdae! i urged mum not to work and she did take 2 days off to enjoy the long weekend! my plan was to meet my mum in orchard for lunch. wanted to bring her out to eat but with the bad weather, everything changed. i still needed to go to town to get the cake for my mum. so i braved the rain walking thru ion, and wheelock to get the cake.


the cake was gog to be delivered at 1pm... so i had an hour to shop around. i started trying to think what can i bring home to my mum... i walked to isetan and i was really glad to see theres a jap food fair! i got a packet of ramen and i want to cook noodles for my mum's bdae! got some delicious fried squid which is chewy and nice, huge scallops to go with the ramen! i bought 3 croquettes to try. curry was ok, crab was really nice and i forgot whats the other one i got but it didnt stick to my mind so creamy crab was the winner! it was a very late lunch! cos i got to mum and by the time i finished prep the lunch, it was almost 5pm!


why was i late... story to be told in the next entry! mum enjoyed the lunch i got for her. with my gal, her grandaughter sitting eating her cheese nicely helped to cheer my mum up! as for my mum, she spent her morning shopping at her favourite wet market, she prep dinner for all of us, long bond ribs bak kut teh for dinner! i got sushi and totally forgot to bring it out for our late lunch but mum said it was too much for lunch and we saved it to share with the rest for dinner! mum cut half the very sweet melon she bought from the market. the melon was huge and cost her $15 for it but it was a good buy as it was so melony sweet! we end the nite with the cake i almost didnt get for my mum! baby R loves birthday celebrations! next month we will celebrate daddy's bdae!

No comments: