*

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Peanut puffs

mu mum worked half day on Saturday. after we left for our shopping trip, mum didnt rest. she started kneading doughs and made peanut puffs on her own. lucky aunt s helped her out when she got home before us. mum said that this is one thing she wants to do for cny. its an item that she can't miss. this year she doesnt have an oven to bake at uncle's place and it was alright for her to skip baking her annual fruit cake but not the peanut puff.. this is a tradition since my younger days as a kid, my grandma would make these!


i simply love to bite into a almost cool but still hot peanut puff! i managed to help my mum make some before retiring to put baby r to sleep. last year and this year, i haven been able to help my mum. with baby r in my tummy last year, i was asked to go home to rest. this year with baby r being so active, mum asked me to give my baby the attention she needed... years before, my job was to fry and watched the fire and we would do it till wee hours and i would be standing for hours frying countless peanut puffs... i miss kcb... my old house... the backyard ... the busy cny prep in that house...

No comments: