*

Saturday, February 20, 2010

CNY 1st day celebration with my side

CNY Day 1 - nite...we arrived pretty late at aunt o's place. but we werent the last to arrive! Popo was thrilled to see baby r in a chinese costume! me and my mum was a match! we wore the same pink! we took some pics around the house as its very nicely decorated! without fail, aunt o orders a huge orange plant every year! little one was pretty shock to see so many oranges but they were all on the plant!


it was great to finally realise a hope that we and our parents have been pending for over the years. hope that my little sis will get little one soon too! i am sure mum will be thrilled! as usual practice, my mum gave us not only oranges but 2 little mo gu... not sure what the name of veg in english thou... it a blessing to us, wishing us to have another little one soon. sis got it too from mum! not sure if my mum gave my cousin a as they are the newly wed couple.


daddy chanced upon a very cute hat! a plastic air-pumped Cai Shen Ye's hat! it was great that daddy managed to put it on baby r and she didnt remove it! we managed to get a pic of her with the hat on! she loved it when daddy showed her. baby r dislike hats and she actually didnt remove this funny hat!


baby r and daddy were pretty cheeky. when daddy put the hat on, baby r kept looking at the hat and then looked at daddy... she wanted the hat back and was attempting to get the hat back! she smiled at daddy. both of them were having fun on their own while i snap away.


the best dressed for that nite has to be the newly weds! they got a very cute polo tee! its great as its also Valentines day! so lucky for this couple as their very 1st CNY meets VD! its a connected tee with a very cute message!


little one and daddy took a rose esp for me! my 1st VD with baby r and my dear hubby. its my dear uncle's arrangement. he bought a bouquet of roses and got all the men to give their partners and all the ladies in the house had a rose!


we had the steamboat with loads of abalone! i gave these cute cuppies a miss as i was way too full after eating dinner and bird nest for dessert. the bird nest was not really sweet for me... was it me cos i was sick or was it becos aunt o didnt add much sugar? aunt o had some cute chocolate that said I LOVE YOU... gave it a miss too as i didnt want to hurt my thoart further! Yusheng - mum's creation. this is definitely a dish only eaten during CNY. everyone definitely have stomach for this dish! but it was served with smoked salmon which i didnt really like the combination... still prefer sashimi. this year, baby r is still looking on but i bet next year, she would want her own pair of chopsticks!

No comments: