*

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

my very own MONT BLANC!

July 9th. i was way early to enter class, they only open the class 10mins before it starts...so i started shopping 1st! bought alot of stuff and as usual i was the 1st in class. way early and they open the sitting for students pretty late... but still i went in to check out the recipe and rested my painful ankle... these days, i can't walk or stand too long.


class was a small group and we worked on a counter top together. we watched the teacher demo the making of the base and we did our own and sent them into the oven and we continued to watch the teacher in action and she spoonfed us by whipping all the cream up for us... we just sat there to watch and write notes. the weird thing that i couldnt stomach about the class was.... at the 1st table, sat 4 ladies and they were attending class too but they were not baking.... they were attending chinese class. the soup and dishes they were cooking filled the whole area and i felt it was so weird to be baking yet we dun smell any sweet bakes but instead herbal scent made our table distracted!


had fun making my very first batch of mont blanc!


the man i need to thank for agreeing to me attending class.... we did had a pact about me gog for more classes but he knew i love mont blancs! also i need to thank my mil who agreed to help me look after baby r while i had some Me time to go do something i loved!


baby r was very curious what i was showing to daddy... so i showed baby R my creation and she wanted some of it too! i want to make these someday with baby R and mum. My mum loved it and she praised me indirectly telling my siblings to try as its very nice! jus found out that Mont Blanc cakes were originally constructed to look like mountains and in doing so, got their name from the Mont Blanc mountains.

No comments: