*

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Wednesday with Dap in April!

Happened to be a Wednesday again that dap took a day off. We met up and walked our way to the national museum. We head to the cafe novus for a snack. very sad that my memory failed me ... forget to put the sd card back into camera after loading so i went out with a camera that cannot take photo... used dap and have to wait for her to send me the pics...
anyway at novus, I loved the pear juice i ordered and she loves her white chocolate macadamia drink. the quiche lorriane was nice. love the smell of the bacon when we sliced the quiche! we had a long talk and i dun like the attitude of the waiter who wants to GET rid of us. very obviuos! thou we paid doesnt mean i need to get up immediately right! besides theres no one q-ing and there are other seats!

the red chandeliers above me are swinging all the time and they change the pattern how they swing. its pretty scary when i 1st spotted from where we were sitting for drinks. we got our tickets at $8 each and went into the dark exhibition room!

Christian Lacroix, the costumier. the setting was dark. love the pics we took but i find the scale of the exhibition alittle too small. i love the way he sketches his costumes, colours are very vibrant! the costumes had alot of details and grandeur feel!

love the pics below. dap had an eye for details when it comes to taking pics! at a corner of the exhibition, there were just 2 nice chairs under a group of chandeliers in pitch dark space! the setting makes the pics looks very dark and mysterious!
then we head down to our next destination - Sheraton Hotel. We were 30mins early for our hi-tea but they brought us to our seats and got us settle to start anyway. glad they didnt turn us away cos i needed to sit down! we got a corner at the lobby bar.

dap gave me gifts from her viet trip. she got a box of tea. Interesting flavour - brandy spice ceylon black tea which sounds so rich! also she bot me a cute "wine balance?" dun know what you call this! but it work to display and to balance the wine bottle. always amazed when i holds the bottle in the air! then she gave me a bdae gift... its so cute! a PIGGY! this little pink piggy from GOD prob from HK is so adorable! its also very useful! its a hot waterbottle! love the gifts she got for me!


we chomp on our food slowly, chatting about me and baby and my complains, while she shared with me her adventures in vietnam and we were enjoying the afternoon! the food is not bad. we were advised to have the scones first as they were still hot, fresh from the oven! love the warmness of the scones, topped with strawberry jam and i love the cream so much! after 2 scones each, we had the little canapes. love the smelll and taste of the focacia bread but wish the texture was softer. i love the salmon roll the best. the dessert was not bad. i love the cheesecake best! the chocolate cup was very rich and nice!
-
unbelievable that we managed to talk for very long we were there from 1.30pm till almost 5.30pm! then we took a train back to tpy and dap had craving for satay, so took a bus and head to tpy lor 5 for some! we had very cooling chengteng. i love this simple yet refreshing dessert! after we finished the dessert, we carried on with satay. i was so filled when i was done with the 10 sticks!
-
gx came to fetch us and i head home, slump myself on the sofa! my little one kicked non-stop from 8pm... she does not recognise that i had dinner oredi as there were no rice of noodles! and i didnt eat at 7+! she kept kicking me non-stop to a point it did hurt alit! gx just watch me wiggle and finally told her gal to go easy on me! she only stop when i gave up at 10+pm, after i ate a pc of cheesecube, she stopped her movements in me! but when gx started her bedtime stories, she was moving with excitement again! i love it that she is moving in me. in another 6 weeks to come, she would be out and i mit feel loss... i love the feeling of my baby moving in me!

No comments: