*

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Last Day at WORK!

April 7th 2009 -Last day at work! its a good day to end my work before taking a break to rest at home with baby on my belly! i didn't choose to finish off on this day, it was chosen by my tcher. back in early march, we were discussing the dates, i told her i wanted to finish work before Good Friday. but i had to take a day off on wednesday to attend a class. she then suggested that i stop on tuesday instead and do my handover on Monday and tues. coming back for one more day on thursday seems weird. so i took that offer and much later when i told my collegues when was my last day, they told me i was lucky! that day would be the teacher's appreciation day! usually we have it late april or early May and somehow this year its earlier and its on my last day of work!

so when i got to school, knowing that my tcher got a parent to cover my duties, K and i headed to have our breakfast! i was taken away by the decor! the theme for this year's party was movies. there were many die-cut standees of movie stars around the room. there was terminator, charlie chaplin, james dean, marilyn monroe and many others, including a diecut of Mr Obama, my principal standing next to Indiania Jones and best of all, my VP lying down on the table with food infront of his standee! the colour theme was black, red and gold! Last year, it was the sweet theme with apples, apple shaped pens and notepads as give aways, (last year's : http://elsiethng.blogspot.com/2008/04/wheeeee-monday-to-friday.html )

this year we had movies themed gifts. we were given a mini oscar and a box of mint sweets that had a sticker that ties in with the theme! yes i got to take a shot with Jack Sparrows from Pirates of the Carribean! he's so cute! the spread was not as exciting as the year before but i was filled when i left!

love the details the parents put into decorating the room! yet to try the little pouches of sweets which i heard its nice mint! what got me really excited was when i found my own STAR! if you look at the 1st photo at the top, the floor is lined with fame awards! Each of the teachers and assistants had their very own star! it was so cool! for lunch i had scoop nibbles of at least 10dishes and that got me very full! then i had a very nice lime pie and nice thai mango gluntinous rice and my favourite coconut pandan cup agaragar! that made me so full and prob burst my carbo limit! thou the variety was not as much as last year, i enjoyed myself on my last day in school!

this year, not sure if ts becos my teacher told the parents no flowers, my basket was filled with fruits but with lots of chocolates!!! i was not expecting the chocolates and didnt know how to lug the gifts home! but i prefer choc anytime! i tot that it mit be a handle basket but apparently the parents got a no-handle basket! but i love this basket! its very pretty! love the way it looks and i can use it to hold all my packets of tidbits!

some children still brought in flowers and the parents arranged in a vase for both me and my tcher. i left it in school thou my teacher offered that i should take it home. i took home the small bunch of purpish flowers that couldn't fit in the small vase. gx was suffering from a tummy ache and he took mc. he knew i was gog to take cab home but instead he bear with his pain, drove all the way to pick me up from school. glad he did as i really couldn't carry the stuff alone! as we drove out, i took a pic of the balloons hanging at the school gate! like last year, these were made of balloons and the word is longer than the year's before!

we were given a pocket swiss-army knife. as i didnt know the students were giving chocolates, i grab 2 bars of choc and a tube of starburst sweets from the party food basket. in total, i received 14 chocolates from my students! i opened one dairy choc bar to treat the kids at lunch! i now have in total 13+2 chocs in the house!

i have alot of fruits in the fridge for me to snack on during my stay at home! i left 3 ricecrakers that i got for the kids. i love the illlustrations, there was a pic of an elephant, cat, rabbit too. gx rested while i was busy snapping away and packing the gifts. then gx was a nice daddy, he beared with the pain and we went to attend our 4th lesson. we were alittle late and missed partial of the bathing the baby video. each pair of parents were given a baby doll for practical hand-on experience! we learnt about bathing the baby, carrying the baby, coping with crying baby and clothe-diaper wrapping!
i mananged to sneak a photo of gx wrapping up the baby. didnt use flash, zoomed to focus on him and he was moving thus a blur shot but i love that i got a shot that captured his first moment on diaper-wrapping! after class as usual, we were starving and we drove back to mum's as its my sis' bdae! they waited for us to cut the cake. after cake-cutting ended, we ate our dinner and poor gx, he can't eat the chilli-crab bro cooked! when i got home, i got a very sore right calf. the nite before it kept cramping! it was so painful i kept waking gx up to save me! i disturb his sleep the whole nite not knowing he had a bad tummy! to make it up to him, i massaged my leg with relaxing spa balm and gave him a back massage. he was so nice that he still read as usual to our little baby despite his tummy still hurting.

No comments: