*

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Clarins Yummy Mummy Beauty Chat

i planned to take up cake decorating class but in the end i was afraid i mit not complete the 4 weeks course and they dun encourage stopping and changing class, so i didn't sign up. but since the date was set for my last day of work i left it as it is. then came an email for members of TMC - Clarins YMB chat. honestly, i haven used the clarin tonic oil to prevent stretch mark often and aunt o will prob kill me if she knows! also i haven make my red date soup... but with the time at home i told myself i have to make it all happen! yes... i have lots of stretch marks and i tot i was beyond hope! but decided to go listen on how to save my belly skin or prevent it from worsening... and best of all it falls on the 8th april.

tot it was at 6pm... i arrived at 5.30pm... 1st to arrive and was told its at 6.30pm. so i decided to walk at borders. got myself 2 mags. one on parenting and one on cooking for and with children. after that i was tired and lazy to walk around wheelock or pop into the jap fair at isetan, so at 5.55pm i was back at Institut Clarins at wheelock. i was ushered into the talk room. served juice in a crystal glass. sat on a nice red one-seater, i started flipping thru my mags. the counter had chamomile tea, peppermint tea served in english teacups and saucer. OJ, apple and iced water served in crystal glassware. there were platters of fruits, bananas, grapes and strawberry.

then a very pretty lady walked in to give me a sun moulin box. she told me its a snack box they prepared for the mummies. very thoughtful! inside were 3 miniture buns. didnt eat it as i was experiencing heartburn... the heartburn days are back... and i dun like it! the pretty lady that served me was the main speaker. she went thru some tips for mummies and then moved onto the products from clarins that can save the skin! from face to eyes to shoulders, to breast, to tummy, to legs. we were introduced to all the products and they even pump the products onto our hands to let us smell, feel and apply the products. then they taught us how to apply the products. followed after the beauty talk, TMC parentcraft speaker spoke to us about breastfeeding our babies. the whole talk lasted from 6.30pm-about 8.15pm. thru the talk, at times, my baby moved and she is reminding me its dinner time! she does that quite often when i dun eat on time! after the talk ended, it was purchasing time.

for this talk, we have to pay $30 which was fully redeemable for Clarins products on the day of the workshop. we were all given a Clarins Mummy Beauty Bag worth $80! thats the brown stripy pouch. then the rest was my buy for the day and with my total purchase, i was given a trial set of facial products to try.

in the pouch, we were given body serum, lip balm and face mask to try. they included a brown teddy puppet for the baby. i like the minty feel of Clarins high defination body lift. for now cos i am pregnant, i can only use this product on my legs. after birth i can use this on the tummy area. with this product, in a promotion set, included a body shaping cream, extra-firming lip and contour balm and a gentle exfoliator.

i bought this Beautiful Mum Kit at $125 (worth $179). Kit contains: Smoothing Body Scrub for a New Skin 200ml, Stretch Mark Control 200ml, Energizing Emulsion 30ml, Beauty Flash Balm 15ml and Tonic Body Treatment Oil 5ml. i was advised to use the Tonic body treatment oil that my aunt o got me with the stretch mark control cream to save my stretch marks from turning into silver threads! they say that the reddish brown lines right now is still at a saving stage. then they suggest that i give my body a scrub 2-3times a week, mixing the scrub with the tonic oil, to soften, smoothen and firm my skin. it was worth to buy this package cos the main 2 products i needed were full-sized and the rest i wanted to try but didnt want to get the full-sized.

i wanted to get the Energizing Emulsion for my sore right calf! after applying in the class, no kidding, it did work on my sore crampy calf. it wasnt so tight but i think my calf is in a pretty bad shape that if i press harder, its still sore. but with the trial-sized, i applied last nite and i didnt get any cramps but its still sore but not as painful as before. considering whether to buy this! most likely i will! Beauty Flash Balm was a product the beautiful speaker swears on! she said that this was applied after moisturer before makeup and this gives the face a glow. well i am not into makeup but glad they gave a trial-sized and when i do use it, i will take a before and after photo. but right now my skin is breaking out, so dun think its gog to make me look any better. given a trial-sized Tonic Body Treatment Oil, this would be handy to bring along if i do stay at mum's during my pre-birth leave. yes they gave the baby a lighter tiffany greenish blue puppet bear, yes a weird colour... but i love the big draw-string bag that is lined with a lighter tiffany greenish blue pokkadots clothe. prob gog to use this for store baby's diapers and cream as there are little side pockets in this pouch! i have to be hardworking to save my skin!

No comments: