*

Monday, April 20, 2009

My bdae party on 18th April!

Friday 17th - went out to get my dill and parsley... and some other missing ingredients from jason's market. went there to try my luck to see if i can get the thing i have been looking for! then thats when i met the knitting lady on the train. but my luck at jason was good! i found what i wanted! LUCKY! i got what i wanted and head back to tpy. then rested then prep the kitchen for baking with nesa. went to get her and we started right away! after she finished her hw, she helped to lay the sponge fingers and help me layer my tiramisu!

after the tiramisu we continued with the oreo cheesecake... we had a problem... the blender we had didnt grind the oreo... so we had to use the roller pin to flaten each piece... we were so tired! then we got a bad scare when the electricity tripped! then after testing... it was caused by the oven... i was so tired to take the blow! nesa called my aunt to on the oven while i rest. then went to try the oven again. worked and the electricity didnt trip. this cheesecake was my first try and i met with many obstacles and it cracked on the top... sad! gx sent me to mums at 10+ to put all the ingredients there for the party first as he had to work half-day on Sat and i can't carry all the barang myself!

Saturday 18th - went to mum's place and got m to start grating the carrots. then i talked to bro, gf and sis about the peak. then back to cooking! i cooked the carbonara and had good reviews! i mastered the carbonara! thanks to my guinea pig gx who had to eat my 1st bland carbonara, he gave me pointers and i did it! the avocado dip was a winner! many liked the taste of this dip! i served dip with out the cover and many tot i did it... sadly its not my credit! but i was glad i chose the right dip! it was the last one left and i tot it must be good then... thats how i chose it!

i usually choose the lime flavoured taco chips. the tiny sausage i bot was not bad. i love this brand of sausage which i suddenly dun remember the brand... its not cheap thou... just that m over-cooked it alit. cherry tomatoes were seasoned with olive oil, pepper and seasalt. the carrots was a new recipe i try out. its a german recipe! the carrots are soaked in orange juice and dill with other seasoning. it was not bad but i prefered the other new salad i tried. its cucumber salad with parsley. this had very good review!
mum cooked the BIG prawns... these prawns are special bred... dun ask me the name... i dun remember... but they were very nice to bite into! aunt o bot a huge slice of tenderloin from swiss butchery for my party. expensive cut but i dun eat beef... she couldnt stay long as my cousin Ly was down with chickenpox... aunt K cooked the beef stew and gx loved it, he said it tasted very good and the beef so tender! aunt K cooked a pot of buttered rice with raisins to go with the stew. i got aunt K to help me do a potato dish. she did a beef and a chicken shepards pie. love it! very disappointed was the porkchop ... i got a jim beam bbq sauce to marinate but m overcooked the meat and it turned out so dry... didnt check on her and she didnt brush the extra sauce to soften the meat when she grilled it...

on friday, i popped into the video shop and got a few dvd to play (ignore the ah hong dvd! it was selling at $6 so i got that for mum... haha not sure if its good!) but non was chosen as everyone was busy watching the videoclips uncle k made of his hk disney trip. the twins looked so cute and they have grown taller! the way they spoke mandrin was so cute! love the accent!
nesa bugged me the whole time about opening the cheesecake for her to take alook! i got her to learn to be patient! i told her my plans changed... as there are cracks on the oreo cheesecake esp the bigger cake we made, i decided to serve this as dessert then keep the tiramisu as bdae cake. she was still excited and wanted to try the cheesecake we made!

when we serve the cheesecake, it looks good as we avoided the the cracks! heard my mum saying she like the cheesecake! i was over the moon! no one's comments meant more than my mum's esp praises! the oreo cookies were not grinded properly so some bigger pieces fell apart when we served... the little gal went home to tell her mum and my aunt k bot a blender as my bdae gift! my aunt said that its not only for grinding oreos! it also meant for me to grind baby's food, to make puree for the baby in months to come! haven't gone over to aunt K's house to pick up my present!
everyone was amazed when i brought out the strawberries i got to decorate my bdae cake! the 4 strawberries nesa and i hold were the biggest of them all! to serve the tiramisu, the top layer is only sieved when serving as the cocoa powder will be soaked wet and damp and the colour is not attractive as it will darken. to show how big the strawberries are, nesa picked out the smallest and the biggest to make a comparison! we decided to keep the decor simple! just the 4 biggest strawberries at each corner and my 5 candles in the middle of the dessert!

me, my mum and my baby... next year, my little one will be sitting on my lap when i blow my candles! my mum is gog to be grandma soon! i know she has been worried and praying for the day she get to carry her grandchildren for very long! mum gave me a good luck angbao for my bdae even thou i will be back to have dinner with her on my actual bdae!
i love this tee! when i got this tee last month, i kept to wear this tee for this party! i love it cos where the smile is ... thats where my baby is! glad my dear hubby is feeling much better from his "bad tummy episodes"! i love this shot of me and my big laughter! i like candid shots like these! thanks to my cousin A who caught that shot!
then i decided to take the camera from cousin A to take pics of everyone singing the bdae song for me! i love the shots of everyone with my cake! can't remember what i said to nesa or what she said to me! there is only one kido to blow the candles off with me as both L and Ly were not around...

thou i told them its a simple dinner, no need for presents, my relatives still got me gifts... cousin A and his gf and cousin B got me a nice grey bag! LOVE it and gx exclaimed no more bags for her! haha .... i love bags!!! woman will never have enough bags, shoes, accessories and clothes!!! cousin A and her bro W got me robinson vouchers! more shopping! prob for baby thou!
aunt Ka gave me a book and she told me hope that it will be useful and it sure is! the baby care book has information for each month of baby's life! love it! my aunt K who helped me cooked a storm and bot me a grinder! i am so thankful for thoughtful nesa! she prob dun want to help me manually hit oreos with rolling pin next time! its was really a chore!
uncle j insisted giving me an angbao even thou aunt K got me a present. aunt Ag gave me a nice pink top! she was worried if it would fit me but it did and even if i can't wear it now, i can wear it later after birth! the minniemouse bag was gift from nesa, she got this foldable bag from hk. very useful when i go shopping! good for hanging on the pram in future!

my present from my baby was the many kicks as she moved in me! i was glad she bear with me on friday and saturday! i was so busy thru the whole week, breaking up my shopping list into many days as i can't carry much nowadays! then standing so much on friday and saturday preparing the desserts and party food! she knew i was very tired when i got home. i head straight to bed! and she greeted me with her baby moves!
after resting awhile, i got gx to take 2 shots with me and baby! i really like this tee as the big smile indicates where my baby is ... after gx left the room, i took some pics just baby and me! slept very soundly as i was really very tired after the whole week of preparation!

No comments: