*

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Our Very FIRST Carrot Cake Especially for Our Mummies!

A very busy start to my 35th weekend! Friday woke up and started to go thru the ingredients and recipe to make a new list of things that is still missing for the baking session in the afternoon! then after mil left the house, i started with roast the pecans while i set the dining table up with the baking utensils and ingredients. then after measuring the dry ingredients, i started chopping the cooled pecans! my gal was definitely not comfortable with me sitting up for so long! took me quite a while to finish chopping the nuts finely!
-
then after i was done, i was feeling so hot! jump into shower and then went out to get the rest of the baking stuff! then went up to aunt's place to deposit some stuff for cousin A to pick up cos i couldn't carry them all by myself! glad that my aunt just stay so near me! took a cab to meet tab at biy store. i bot my 12muffin tin that i didnt get the last time round! then i picked up a pack of icing carrots and some other cool baking stuff! i spent a bomb but it was worth it!
-
once home, A and Tab started shredding while i started measuring out the liquid ingredients and started baking our first carrot cake! we made cream cheese topping for our cake. we followed and modified the recipe from martha stewart! we did 2 batches and it all turn out beautifully! we tried the cake and we all loved it! it was very nice! i personally think the texture is right and firm and not too wet. love the pecans and the cinnamon taste!

we did a clearup before embarking to decorate the cakes we made! the flower mould belongs to my cousin A. these were so cute! thou it turn out uneven, we decided it looked cute that way, so we didnt trim away to make it even! so i took 3 to decorate for my mum. as we are having a big secret recipe cake on Saturday, these small little flowers would be the perfect size for my mum.

for these flowers, i pipped the cream cheese on and simply decorated it with little icing flowers that my cousin bought. simply and pretty! it looked very cute! also to me the 3 flowers represent me, sis and bro! so this is my gift to my mum, flowers and cake!
Tab and i loves carrot cake made by one of the sas teachers and finally we got to make our very own carrot cake! is her first try at decorating a whole cake! she got these lovely colourful icing flowers and she was having definitely having fun doing it! it turned out so pretty! also she got the purpish pearly beads to highlight the cake! the cake looked so lovely and i think she did well decorating the cake for her 1st try!

for my mil, i made her a 8"cake. as my mil is not into cheese, i only top the cake with icing and didnt do the sides. my looked like a pie when i was done icing the cake! simply placed the little orangy icing carrots and later on i topped it with tab's pearls!

as my cousin's bake was second round and it was still warm she didnt do her decor with us. she baked her cakes in 2 heart-shaped containers and she took the cream home to pipe it before giving her mum and to her bf's mum. tab stayed on further to finish decorating her 4 cupcakes-sized carrot cakes. its really cute!

overall, thou we started late, with 3 pairs of hands, it made the baking session fun and less tiring as everyone spread out and did a part to assemble this carrot cake! its quite a bit of work to do it on your own! shredding carrots, chopping pecans all by oneself was the chore if you have no help at all! i was thankful the gals helped me out with the washing as now with the late stage of my pregnancy, it makes bending forward difficult!
-
gx was very sweet to give me a massage as he knew i was very tired after the whole baking session and i slept well. but i suffered very bad leg cramps that nite at 3+am! glad gx was still awake playing his computer game! he told me he was shocked by my sudden shout and hurried over to hold me feet. he could tell i was in alot of pain compared to other days when i had leg cramp!
=
then when he put my right leg down, my left leg immediately started to cramp and it was 3x worst! he could tell as i was very loud shouting pain! he calm me down with his loud voice and kept pushing my feet flat and i hurt so much!!! it took him alot of strength and for a long time before my leg finally relax but once he let go, it came back again and he held on for awhile more and he applied clarins leg cream for me and it felt better.
=
i slept on fine but at 5+am, i woke up in shock! the lightning looks as thou it was striking into our room! it was so bright and the thunder didnt roar, it just hit so loudly as thou the sky was falling apart! baby got shocked and i comforted her as i was shocked many times myself with the loud non-stop thundering and the rain hitting our window panes! what a night!!!

No comments: