*

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dinner at Ritz Carlton Summer Pavilion

this is my second time in this restaurant. My very first time in summer pavilion was years ago! my uncle m brought my sis, my cousin A and me for dianxin session with then gf aunt o. I was blown away when i had my first high-class chinese dianxin meal then! i was young and amazed with the setting, the menu, the delicacy, the dianxin was all nicely shaped into animals and gosh, i think there was sharkfins' dumpling! i am very lucky gal.

then years later, his lucky gal, daughter turned 6 and i was even luckier to be able to make it for this party! baby rachel decides that we both with daddy should attend the party, so she is staying in! Loved that the father and daughter wore same colour! Sweet! think gx won't mind dressing like what both us called "Animals". We coined thiss term to mean = wearing the same! he never liked the idea that we both wear the same as he thinks we would look like animals having same skin.... but he tot F&D wearing same colour was nice!

they have 4 private rooms and we had the Song Room. the dishes were mainly individually served. my memory is failing me and more important, i was paying much more attention in getting to know my cousin A's bf. think in the 1st pic was some kind of foi gras? didnt like it and gx had an extra pc. 2nd part of the 1st dish was pork which was nice but i love the 3rd little dish best! they have cut up the prawns into many little pcs and fried they crisp and toss in sort of mayo served on a piece of prawn cracker! most of us love this! the prawn was really crunchy and sweet!

Double-boiled Shark's Fin Soup with Chicken... this was our second dish. as i was eating and drinking this soup... i was beginning to feel.... FULL! OMG! its like endless pit! i voiced out that my soup never seems ending and the rest felt the same! though through the pregnancy, i have skipped sharks' fin soup, cos it might contain mercury... but he allowed me to have the soup as baby is now much bigger... and he can't drink another bowl! thought i had seen the fins in my soup... then surface a HUGE pc! baby cannot stopped moving after i finally finished my soup! my tummy felt so tight! she nudge me quite abit!
we then each had a piece of cod fillet! it was nicely marinated but its so HUGE! i was joking that this pc at home usually shared by 4 pax! i love the light mayo with the fish and i tried my best to finish the dish as cod is good for baby! the abalone, fish maw and veg dish was nicely braised! love the fish maw texture, soft but crunchy! my baby is pretty lucky... she had a chance to eat such delicacy before she comes out!

the smoked duck in tea leaves was great! love the skin as it was very aromatic and cripsy! the meat so tender! i got to skipped the noodles as there is crab in it. i was actually happy about it as it has become impossible for me to move! but when sis exclaimed the noodles was yummy... i took a strand from gx and it was so very tasty! very flavourful! but nope i skipped it. i was waiting for my dessert! i love this! Gx always calls it Toad Saliva! Hasima with red dates. Some say its fats from toad stomach. But i love this!

Such a cute lilo and stitch ice-cream cake from Swensens! but i didnt get to eat this! after the cake was cut, it was time to rush off to the next venue! gx took a shot and made me realised i have grown so much bigger with the shot of my side view! the hotel had very good service! i asked for cashcard topup system and the staff say that they are getting us free carpark tickets. then we got to the our next destination.

Aunt O arranged flyer rides for the family! it was a surprise for the rest of the family. she said it was bdae girl's wish to have the whole family to go for the ride together. i have confirmed with aunt o that gx and i will stay on land and not joining them on the ride. Just in case our little one decides to come along and i won't want to wait for the cycle to end to rush off to hospital! But my nice aunt O gave me 2 tickets before she went in telling me that the expiring date for that 2 tickets ends 31st december this year! she saie that then we can bring our little gal for a ride! after we waited for the family get into the cabin, we waved crazily to the kidos when their cabin pass above us, we both took a short walk around to burn the food in our stomach!

baby moved hard and gx put his hands on her to tell her to move slowly and gently. i took this chance to take a pic of his hands on our gal! i love this pic! so while the rest were high up in the sky, taking this nite shot, i was with gx and both of us were feeling so sweaty from the heat! wanted to get a couple shot but gx was not up to it due to the heat ... but he tried a few modes to get a pic of me with the flyer.

when the ride was over, the rest of the family head to their 3rd destination, Uncle M's house to have the cake. we both head to fetch my in-laws and once home, i hid in the room with my cool air blowing from my air-conditioner! the weather was a killer! but i slept well with a full tummy!

No comments: