*

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mums' Day 2009

Sunday 10th May - I woke up early to thaw the cake from the fridge for my mil. the carrot will be alittle rock hard if its not thawed! but gx spoils everything! he woke up late and he decide to send his dad to work and then go wash car. so i put the cake back into the fridge. then it started raining very heavily! so he decide not to wash the car... so i took the cake out again! but he didnt come home! after a few phone calls, finally got him and he was washing his car! put the cake back in the fridge again!

finally mil got to cut the cake and glad they like it! then took some time to blog as over the weekend i took alot of photos! then rushed to prep to go to mum's. could hear mum's happy that i was gog back! she called to tell me she cooked our share of lunch! when we got home, i purposely showed my mum the cake box when i wished her Happy mum's day! KNEW her reaction would be "CAKE AGAIN!" haha. she is so easy to read!

so i got her to open the box to check... gx told her i baked it myself. after looking at it then she was alittle calmer cos its smaller and not as big as she imagine! while gx, sis, bro, cam and i were eating the yummy oyster porridge, my mum took out the dessert she prepared! i was thrilled to see a bowl of green mush! yummy! mum made creamy avocado dessert! i even teased mum that she looked so green with her polo and dessert!

the avocado dessert was heavens! it was creamy and yummy! loved it and it took mum almost 8 avocado to make 12cups! i had one-&-a half serving and it was satisfying! then we cut the carrot cake and mum liked the texture and taste of the cake! she has always prefered "solid" cakes to creamy cakes.
then we sat down to watch the video uncle K made as i was too busy to settle down the nite before to appreciate. i know mum miss grandma... it had a few pics of her and grandma during a thailand trip. then when it came to my mum's 21st bdae, we paused. uncle k said that her elder daughter resembles his look... but we made more discovery! Ly looks like uncle M and nesa looks like my aunt K! wonder who our little gal will resemble more!
=
then gx and i head down to victoria street to get my fil his spices and my mum requested for coarse salt. mum wants the salt to prepare Salt-baked chicken for my confinement! i am so looking forward to eat my mum's confinement vinegar trotters and salt-baked chicken! then after that we head to illuma, we have not been around and there are so many changes everywhere! the building is still rather empty but we loved the cool air-conditioning!
-
we head to pray at GY temple and we head to OG and i found Ly her bdae gift. i bought both the gals their presents oredi! i was afraid that i mit be in confinement when they celebrate their bdae so i did my shopping early! then we walked to get my popiah and we head back to tpy to do our weekend grocery shopping. home to relax and we watched Slumdog Millionaire on dvd. it was not too bad. i quite like the story. thats our simple mothers' day! next year i would have a little one on my lap! told gx that its not very fair that he would get to hold his daughter for fathers' day this year! also in my immediate family, i will be the last to hold my daughter for bdae! after fathers' day, my sil bdae, my dad, my mum, then gx and my mil, in 2010, my bro, my sis, my fil and finally ME! then mothers day then my little one would turn 1!

No comments: