*

Saturday, January 3, 2009

rolling over from 2008 to 2009!

after xmas, packing room was on my agenda! then came planning for the potuck for family's NY eve party. on the 30th dec, ann and i head to our favourite alfresco place at chipbee gardens and we bite into our favourite pizza. the italian mandrin sparkling juice was really nice on the hot day!

my appetiate seems smaller now... yes unbelieable? i now seem to need to take smaller meals! didnt even manage to finish my pizzas! after the lunch, we head to look for our crabmeat that we need for the tapas that we planned to make for the potluck. but tough luck! the only place i know that brings it in doesnt have it anymore!


then we head to provence bakery to have tea. ate milkpan and bought our grocery needed for our potluck preparations. heading back home, i had cravings for my prawn noodles. this is one dish that sometimes now crave. at the beginning even before we confirmed my pregnancy, i was hooked on this noodle! for a few days gx would just pack this for my dinner. he allowed me cos he was suspecting that i mit be pregnant! and it has to be this tpy prawn mee!


we had alot of food for the NY eve potluck party. the cousins teamed up with 5 dishes and a dessert. We made grilled chicken wings, seasalt tomatoes with cheese, bacon and garlic spagetti, fried cuttlefishballs and vietnamese prawn spring rolls and my favourite parma ham sticks! We made philippines fruit salad for dessert. mum cooked gigantic prawns. aunt k made ham and baked apple dinner rolls, baked salmon, baked potatoes and cheesy baked tomatoes. aunt a prepared potato salad and fruit with ham salad. uncle j made black sesame sauce chicken. aunt ka provided the chipolatas for the dinner. aunt o sponsored the beer and fruits.
i was feeling exhausted with the whole day of preparing for the dinner. we left earlier. as we were about to go, aunt o gave us a huge hamper of chinese herbs! she wanted to teach me how to brew a healthy drink for baby and me and she went to get all the ingredients needed in this big hamper! she is really kind and has a really big heart! i am very lucky! took a shot before year 2008 ended. then when mn strike, the fireworks burst into the sky!

too bad that we are blocked by the newly built apartment. then we took our first 2009 family photos! gx, me and our baby! my wish for 2009 is that i have a safe pregnancy and a healthy baby! Most important is that my love ones are all healthy and happy.


On 1st of January 2009, gx and i attended my dear gf joyce's wedding. its also at marriot but they have chosen a different setup from my sis. some dishes are the same and i got to eat my favourite fried prawn fritters and pork ribs.

i took this cute pic of 2 hubbys holding on to the wives handbags. the ted team was invited to the wedding as joyce wedding gown and cheongsam were all made by them. at the wedding met up with lots of ex-collegues from etonhouse. it was good to see them again!
it was kind of a gathering for me to see my friends from etonhouse. i felt a very warm feeling when i see my dear fren walked down the aisle. the photos on the screen made me feel happy for my fren. very happy for her! her CS has this majestic feel. the colour, the beading and the long tail made joyce look very good! very radient!

as i was nicely dressed and felt relaxed, unlike during sis wedding, i took sometime to do some shot of myself and my baby! into my 17th week, everyone who saw me said that i looked really big for 4months! they all said i looked radient with a mummy's glow...

i am thankful tat i have a very caring and patient hubby. looking forward to the rest of 2009!

No comments: