*

Sunday, January 11, 2009

the 18th week of my pregnancy

monday i just stay at home and rest and of cos caught the last episode of little nonya. tuesday went to holland v with ann and went dinner with dap but wednesday was the most exciting day! we went to TMC and we were there to do a detailed scan. gx and i were so excited and we even prep our baby everynite how the scan would go and what the doctor might say she wanted to see and scan and we hope our little one will show. scan went very smoothly cos our little one was awake and turning around inside me and doctor was able to scan very well. alittle sad was becos the doctor hardly explain what she is looking at... well prob she was busy taking the chance to take scans of different parts of our little one while she could. our little one was great and growing very well! every part is developing well. alittle disappointed when we received the scan results from the gynae, the doctor didnt print out many of the scans... just some. when our gynae scan, little one was sleeping. went home to rest, gx and i gana flu. we slept alot!
*
thusday i went shopping on my own after praying for gx to have a safe trip in GZ. i bot lots of household items and a game. on behalf of me, gx went to pay respect to my dear fren E who lost her father. gx picked my mum and i home after we shopped for cny goodies making ingredients. then we pack gx's lugguge till almost 1am. friday, gx left the house at 5.20am to the airport. i felt worried and sad. yes only for 3 days but i was feeling sad. but i was kept busy cos i started making CNY goodies. together with ann we bot some different ingredients, apparently different flour and head to mum's place and started making peanut puffs. it was tiring but i am glad ann and i did it. we started at 1pm and finished by 9pm as we only make 2kgs. stayed over at mum's. was so tired!
*
saturday morning, i woke up pretty early with baby to a quiet morning and we relaxed looking out into the gardens. played the piano and when mum was back we started peanut puffs round ii! uncle k and mum had nostagic conversation about their childhood. i was thinking so much of my grandma. i missed her. then i found the reason why thou very tiring esp now that i am pregnant having to sit for long hoursi still want to help make cny goodies (1pm-11pm =me, 1pm-1am=mum and aunt s) . its becos i enjoyed my childhood days, seeing my popo busy with preparations for every big occasions, festival. it was the home-made festive goodies and the atmosphere of having everyone around to help out that i miss. and i dun want to lose it. but i got pretty upset as we were doing the puffs. gx always tell me that i shouldnt expect but i dun understand how people, esp the 80s generation can be so bochap and take lots of things for granted. guess i learn to treasure what we have, i learn this from my mum and grandma. why mum has to make so many things during cny?
tradition. its what her mum did. she didnt want to lose the memories i guess. its what a family has and want to pass on. no one offered help, its not the same as before as everyone does not stay under the same roof and yes they have things to do, even when staying under the same roof doesnt mean help is offered, bcos they are just not into it.... also its taken for granted that its a womans job... just walk away, play games, sleep, thou i know its been so for many years and it can't be forced, no one seems to bother to learn or help but this time i got really upset... sad... when things are final, will it be too late? a loss? will they feel the pinch? or mayb it doesnt matter that they can't have that same very taste again. for me, i missed my popo's salted veg duck soup, no one will be able to boil that same taste. even thou mum continues to do my paternal ah gong's traditional ngoh hiang... its mum's taste and not the same as ah gong's. i missed my ah gong's dishes too. so for this session, only aunt s and mum and me with the maid's help to fry the puffs, we did as much as we can. mum and aunt s never grumble but i felt sad that in future we might lose all the good things that might be prob only important to me. i feel my mum is old. i am scared. crying as i typed.
*
happier note, sunday woke up early to wait for mum to come back from the market. she is so tired but still she struggle to wake up so early before the sun rise to do her marketing. she is aging and i am very worried. my fren's dad passed away and the thought scares me. i became very scared to lose my mum. while waiting, again with baby, we enjoy the morning garden view and morning sun. i played the piano, then watched tv with mum and laughed with her cos the show was funny.

then we went for hi-tea at fairmont hotel. i really appreciate that aunt a organised the perankan meal to celebrate w's bdae and we had a dressup party. everyone was supposed to be in floral or peranakan batik prints. my aunt a, aunt o, uncle m and uncle j were the only adults that really had true-blue peranakan clothes on. the cutest has to be the 2 little gals. the rest of us were either wearing batik print or floral for the top or bottom. ann and i got our floral and batik prints clothes from HV. the food here is not bad, my favourite has to be the mee siam and durian pudding. see the 2 little nasi lemak fish... kunings? these are the only fish that i have got no complaints about during this preganacy!


the 2 little dolled up gals were very pretty! their peranakan outfits are not cheap! about $100+ which we were not told if it was $120 more or less... just $100+ was mentioned. aunt o and aunt k went to shop at joo jiat! aunt o and aunt a also spend a bomb on their outfits! the hi-tea had long hours. 1pm-5pm. we just ate, talked and of cos took a lot of photos! love these printed/painted bamboo blinds as backdrops!


wish that gx and the twins were around. it will be perfect gals cousins photo if they were here! bet they will also be all dressed up! i would love to see gx in a floral or batik shirt! well, alot of mixed feelings this week. prob my little one can feel my ups and downs, roller coaster emotions. i always tell my baby to try to understand and be strong, dun be a crybaby or so emotional like me. i just hope my little one will be as nostagic as gx and me. winter break ends today. 12th jan will be my first working day in 2009. glad i managed to spend so much time with my family during this break - sis wedding, uncle J bdae, xmas, NY and W's bdae was a great way to end my hols. i need to thank my mil for taking care of my breakfast and sometimes even lunch this hols! i am so lucky! well-taken care of and i am also glad that i get to be with mum for 2 days 2 nites. waking up at kcb seems so resort-like to me. seems like a little getaway for me.

No comments: