*

Thursday, January 15, 2009

magic? natural forces? AMAZING!

the picture below is my baby bump! thats where my little gal is growing! YES, we are having a little gal! almost everyone at home thought it was a boy but it turns out we are gog to disappoint my little boy cousin L! he is the only little uncle among the little aunts! my little gal will have 4 little aunts to play with! but during the detailed scan, both gx and i didnt get to see on the scaning screen when the doctor announced to us that she saw that our baby is female. so still i was in alittle doubt. just want to be really sure! wanted to wait for gynae appointment in feb to ask gynae to scan to be sure. not that we mind having a gal, we just want to be sure! in school, heard from my col that there was a teacher who decorated her nursery in shades for a little gal and it turned out to be a little boy at birth!
with 2 days at home bcos of a bad flu attack, i logged on to check emails in between my sleeps and snacking. then an ex-col from fila N congratulated me when she saw me online. when she asked me about the sex of my baby, i asked her to guess. she popped a question and based on that she told me her answer. She asked if i was sloppy or neat and tidy. ANSWER= Sloppy! = GIRL! well, i have been through this before in my earlier months when everyone was speculating! but i have heard 2 different sets of answer for the same old wives tales. from what i heard, my deduction would be if you are glowing beautifully, neat and tidy = BOY. so sloppy and big nose = GIRL. yah my nose seems to growing so huge since pregnancy started!then N asked me to test it out with a traditional method. think these methods are used as long time ago, scan were not available to determine the sex of the baby then! both my mil and mum both said during their times they have to wait till when the baby is born to know! N's method which is a sure thing uses a thread and wedding ring. at first i found a string which was too short and tied gx's ring to it and we couldn't tell if the ring was gog in circle or to and fro. i was amazed that the ring moved. so i went around the house to find things to tie the ring to. found a 1cm width ribbon and it was too thick and the ring was restricted in movement. gx was just looking at me looking for strings and didnt believe it works and it was prob the wind that moved the ring.
then i found this red string and it was long enough and not as thick as the ribbon. but instead of trying it on me, gx tried it on himself! he couldn't stand me when i kept dropping his wedding band on the floor. so after he got the ring tied, he rubbed the ring on his palm a few times and then hang freely, of cos you try not to move your hand, and wait for the ring to react. i laughed non-stop cos he's not pregnant and i know he wants to see if its true. VERDICT= didnt move abit! then it was my turn. after rolling and rubbing the ring's surface on my palm, gx and i stared at the string as i hang it over my baby. slowly the string started to move! in small circles.... then the circles got bigger, and it was really swirling in a big circle! amazing! once i took the ring away and put it in position again, it didnt move. so i repeat rubbing the ring and hang over my baby. it went in circles again! this time i got gx to take pics and it is confirmed we are having a baby girl!

No comments: