*

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mmm..Miserable MONDAY!

Monday 19th - woke up with bad tummyache! diarrhea for the 2nd time. i still went to school even thou i didnt feel well. cos just last week i had 2 days of mc for flu, fever and headache... moreover school just started... once i got to school... my tcher gave me her teaching plan... highlighted the page to show me when she needs me in class. a hint to try not to stay away from school? health and baby vs work. mc or work? after being pregnant, i experienced changes, i become very careful, not rushing around. instead of feeling better, i was down after lunch and after school ended, with a very bad pounding headache, i walked out in the glaring sun, took a cab and head to tmc to see my gynae.

gynae told me that i prob ate the wrong thing and i am suffering from food poisoning and i needed medication on the spot. my gynae was shaking his head when he knew i actually went to work and waited till after work to see him. i had little pulls in my baby belly and that got me very worried. but it was all good when he took a quick scan and my baby gal was sleeping. gynae said that its normal to experince those pulls as i am having diarrhea. the unbelievable thing my gynae told me to do was to have a can of room temp coke.

YES COKE! he laughed at my surprised face! i haven drank coke for the longest time! even before expecting i cut down alot on gassy drinks! i was more on juice to keep healthy! he suggested that to give me some caffeine to perk me up cos i looked so dead, listless no energy in me! just one can. i made the nurse laughed when i exclaimed how weird that my baby's first coke experience is becos i am having dierrhea! hate the glaring sun! painful to my eyes and hurts my pounding head! once home, i got into bed and struggle with the pounding beats in my head before i fell asleep. was awaken when the room lights were on. gx woke me up to have porridge. my mil cooked a pot of hot porridge for dinner, easy for my stomach. it was very sweet of her to boil porridge for me and it was almost the same recipe as mums except that she didnt add any oysters. below is the first ever recipe typed on the blog and this is esp for Shanice.

Dried Oyster and Scallop Porridge.
for quantity of ingredients, you got to work it out depending how much you want to serve.

1. wash and boil the ikan bilis to make stock for porridge. my mil didnt use ikan bilis, she boiled fish bones and chicken. (mil cut the chicken into bits and add in to the cooked porridge)

2. wash oysters and dried scallops. soften them in a bowl of water. if you have mircrowave oven, heat it up for awhile to soften the O&S further. if not, use the stove, over low heat to soften it. keep the water used to soften the O&S for stock. makes the porridge very sweet. use scissors to snip the oyster into smaller pieces and roughly shred the scallops. alternative like my mil used the smaller scallops so no need to shred and she added shredded dried octupus instead of oysters.

3. cut a few slices of ginger and add it to washed rice in the rice cooker. my mil used a pot on stove. instead of adding water, use the ikan bilis stock and O&S stock. has to be alot of stock to make porridge! while the porridge is set cooking, cut up some slices of meat or shred some chicken, season the meat and add when the porridge is boiling. my mil added japanese yellow sweet potatoes to make the porridge sweet.

4. add sesame oil into the pot when the porridge is ready to serve. this porridge should remain soupy with soft rice bits. i overcooked mine cos i left it to cook and went to shower and it turn out to be chok-like (sticky, starchy). add chinese coriander leaves, spring onion, if desired and pepper to taste.

Shanice, i hope you will try cooking it. the porridge warmed my tummy and i felt good but the headache didnt go away. i didnt take coke althou i would love too since given the green light but the thought of it as unhealthy for my baby, i refrained. but to replenish lost of water and nutrients, i was allowed to take isotonic drinks. when i was preparing to go to bed, i suddenly rushed out of my room to throw up. after i threw up i actually felt better, the head didnt pound heavily anymore but i was drained out of energy. exhausted! gx told me he wanted me to take a day rest cos he can't imagine how i might feel the next day. esp since i slept on an empty stomach. he mgs my teacher using my hp and i stopped worrying how my tcher is gog to react, gx on the baby night music cd and that helped me fall asleep.

No comments: