*

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Rachel is 3mths old!

back to updating 2nd week of September! started this on 25th sept and i have so much more to update!!! its already 29th today! hopefully i get to the end of this and get to post more as i had such a busy weekend and that = to LOTS of photos!

Sept 9th Wednesday. i kept waking up in the wee hours to check on my gal. Lit Rach had poor appetitate... I was very worried the whole day! she was looking good when daddy read to her in the nite. i sang twinkle twinkle little star to Rach and she smiled .... that made me teared. after she fell asleep, gx and i shared a slice caramel nut cake and it was good. after the sweet... comes irregular sleep the next few days!

Sept 10th Thursday. little one woke up looking alit blur. its vaccination day... daddy wanted to take leave but i told him not to worry. Mil and I brought little rach over to the doctor for a jab. We chose to go to the clinic at central so we dun have to travel to polyclinic. mil was afraid of the wait. but we were too early and doctor was gog to be a little late... i decided that we should eat our brunch within the 1hour. we settled at the nearest coffeeshop and mil ate first. by the time my mil finished her meal, little one is feeling hot and we decided to move to Mac. once in we were all so glad as its so much cooler!
my gal was very fascinated when my mil shake the cup of coke! she listens to the sound of ice knocking the cup and got an amazed look and i immediately took out my camera to capture her fascination. hopefully the link below shows the video taken of her and the shaking cup of coke!
Rachel is growing well. she measures 62cm long and weighs 5.7kg! everytime i am at the clinic, i sure have a list of questions! so glad the doctor is very patient and answer all my questions. the shocking info i got was, the white spot on rach right arm is not white spot fungi but its a white birthmark! didnt know birthmarks can be white! i think i was more nervous than Rach cos she prob didnt know she was gog to be jabbed! She was pretty brave with the first jab at her butt! no cries... she was then fed the rotavirus med, which she took some made a face and tried to reject the rest! doc warned that the next jab on her arm will hurt more... i felt very sad when i hugged my gal... she gave a loud outburst! i quickly sayang her and told her she is very brave and she stopped crying! wish daddy was here! cos the 1st time she got jabbed daddy was the one carrying her and i didnt feel so uptight about it! told daddy to save his leave for more impt days!

was monitoring my gal's temperature as doc said that she might develop fever... gave me med to stand by. i know that some choose to give the fever med to the child to prevent the fever arising... but some dun agree cos that affects the immunity system to fever and they rather the child not taking the fever med unless it arises... i believe i should not give unless theres fever but i panic when i felt Rach's head getting hotter. until daddy got home, daddy said no need for med. she was not having fever as she was the most 36.8 degrees. i called the parents hotline and asked they say unless the child is 37.5 degrees then yes the child is having fever... i tried to call my fren penny and realise she is in jakata thus i didnt need to phone another mum fren angie cos they were there on vacation together! i made a call to penny's hubby and i am thankful to eugene who helped me out. he didnt think i should give the med as Rach has not develop fever and to ease my worries, he told me its ok if i wanted to give her fever cooling patch. Gx was frustrated with my worries and was glad eugene solved my doubts. Rach was alit cranky and daddy was sweet to cuddle her to sleep and we didnt put her on the bed till she was really deep in her sleep!


Sept 11th Friday. little rach woke up and she look so bright and cheery! her smile ensured me that she had good rest and is feeling alright! i was feeling very tired thou cos i kept waking up at night to check on my lit gal. i felt that my little gal has grown so much everytime she hit every 10th of each month! after reading information on my child's development, i decided to try to prop her on the sofa with lots of cushions supporting her... and she did managed to sit up all by herself! i have been playing with her, having her to sit up lying on my thighs, facing me and i sing to her or talk to her. i even lift her up and put her on top of my knees and she loves looking down back at me, grinning and melting my heart! i was so happy when i steadied her with the cushions and i started taking pics of her and she too was excited that i allowed her to sit without my support! when daddy got home after the photoshoot, he was amazed with our little gal's progress! we didnt go back to mum's place as we are still monitoring lit rach's temperature.


Sept 12th Saturday. Gosh my sis is sure early! Lucky she called to wake me up! she was already getting ready to drive mum over to my place to fetch us over as gx had to work. sis was missing her little niece! when we got back to mum's... sis drove mum to the market and we were left at home! little Rach was active and i started taking video of her kicking, making noises and she wiggle non-stop in her cot! love the pinkish flowery carter sleepwear! when i was in sis' rm, i just decided to load all the photo i have in my cam on sis' laptop and i did videoclips for my mum's bade, my little one growth from June till mid-Sept! Daddy had to attend client's 7th mth dinner and he came home after mn. he was invited for dinner but he went pretty late so he stayed later than my cousins and bro. gx looked very tired and worse... he was not feeling well!


Sept 13th Sunday. next morning, gx went to the docs and he was down with stomach flu! so instead of shopping with me... he stayed at home to rest while i got to check out ion... got myself a pair of leopard print pumps and a purplish blue leopard print sweater! managed to buy 3 sets of presents for my little cousins, L and twins! tried some bakery sweets from bread society but i am not a fan thou... very pretty sweets but i still prefer my provence.


Sept 14th Monday. my dear was on mc, he was restless, slept and look very sick! he had to restrict himself from gog near baby and he miss smelling his little gal! when i was picking clothing for my gal, my mil called for me and i rushed into the room to find my gal trying to lift her neck after turning over! i called for gx and fil to see while i dashed to get my camera! her 1st try on her own! she did turn well but did not push herself up as her hand was not in the right postion! i was feeling so proud of my gal! she tried so hard on her own and didnt give up, but we had to pick her up as we were worried that she might hurt herself...
i am so proud of my gal! but the truth is i am afraid too... i dun want her hurt and i want to keep an eye on her 24/7 which is not possible and i seemed to feel stress... worried about her turning in the nite when i am sleeping... i hope she wot turn in the nite!

No comments: