*

Monday, September 7, 2009

The 1st Week of September!

I had a nice ending for August. On Monday 31st, I was treated to a spa with the voucher from Angie. I had a tummy and thigh session after a good body scrub. i booked a facial with her as i have neglected for 9+2months! it was so needed and i am so tired after the spa. then i went to Thomson Plaza with Angie for lunch. We had the 1-for-1 treat at Swensens. i stuck to my usual salmon baked rice and angie tried the spicy softshell crab spagetti which was nice! the best try that day would be the cheesy mussels! love it! Took a photo of angie esp for Wendy! But prob is its in the harddrive of my camera and i dun know where is my wire! Wendy, I did tell her to go upload pics of her baby boy! she has many pics in her hp! then went to ntuc to top up my juice and found a new drink to try. Cloudy apple from Pokka. LOVE THIS!!! fell in love after the 1st sip! i am thankful to my in-laws who looked after Rach while i was away for a break. they are very nice. they didnt complain about me being away for almost 5hours.

Tuesday, 1st September. daddy had a checkup update at TTSH, then in the afternoon he came back and we head to the bank to collect Rach's bank book! we then took a short walk around central. got good buys! then we hurried to get dinner from KFC as rachel ran out of patience as she was feeling very hot. after dinner, little asleep... i proceed to a project! i had some fondant to play with and i decided to decorate the cupcakes i baked with the kids on Sunday. used the newly bot wilton colour gel to knead into the fondant. tried covering the cake with fondant but it was not easy and cracks appeared! i concealed the cracks with the pretty pink butterflies and yellow flowers. i didnt have time to make any cream frosting so i used the easiest, available in my kitchen.... nutella! which is my favourite topping for chocolate sweets! i had little time to make and clean up but i enjoyed the whole process and baby was good thru the session i had. gx liked the little greenish flowers.

Wednesday, 2nd September. Gx was heading to client's place at yishun instead of heading to office. So i took a ride and had bkfast with him before heading to school myself. I was there to tender my resignation... We have decided that i will be a full-time mummy at home, looking after Rachel by myself. i am thankful that have full support not only from my hubby but my in-laws and esp my mil who helped me thru the morning routines and with baby's laundry! i am very lucky to have her showering her love for our baby! Went back to my class to see my teacher and say a final goodbye to the class where i worked for 3 years. my heart felt so heavy as i say a silent goodbye to my class where i worked. my teacher looked skinny than before! after catching her, i head off to see Mr Pearson who i just waved goodbye too as he was having class. popped into the office to say goodbye to the staff and to my VP. rushed to the cafeteria to give hugs to the people i worked with. some people are very realistic. if u are no longer working there... = who cares! i was given F-care attitude but its alright as there are still sincere people around! miss the ladies i enjoy talking to and those who showered baby Rach and i with lots of info and care! byebye.... in my work history, this is the place i stayed longest, nice environment minus nuisance people. met some of the nicest people and learnt alot of new dishes from the home parties which i will miss most!




Thursday, 3rd September. Mil gave me another morning off! she told me to go have my hair chopped! i was more than happy as i hated my hair!!! its so messy! melvin was gog to be late and i took the chance to check out a baking ware place and i was glad i did! the place is not HUGE, but its collection is scary! gosh there were all sort of baking items that i wish they were mine! its was not very tidy but thats the beauty cos its like treasure hunt! found some stuff that i can't resist! the dino cookie cutters was a good find! then love the halloween mini cookie cutters!!! hope i get to use them this halloween! managed to get the wedding cake cutter that comes with texture sheet! didnt get it from the online spree in july! hope the choc hazelnut flavour will be nice... tiny bottle and it cost me almost $7!


then i rushed walked really fast to cut my hair at stamford house... not really what i want... i wanted to have shorter fringe but mel decided that long fringe works better for me... love the side of my hair thou. like the long and short of it! rushed home after grabbing durian strudel which i wished they gave more in the filling! but it was not bad. did tell rach that i went out for haircut. when i was home, she kept looking at me!
*
Friday, 4th September. home the whole day and i dun remember anything else except that i was alone at home with Rachel till 11pm as Gx still have class after work. somehow i managed to wait till 11pm to have dinner! didnt go home as the next day pil were off. the funniest thing that happened that nite was when i was tapping baby rachel to sleep in the room, daddy came in to tell me that pil decided that baby and i should stay at mums as just to play safe not to chong xi as baby rachel has not pass 3mths yet... rachel was already sleeping when daddy was chatting with me... that little gal broke into a loud cry! looking so sad, eyes still close but tears rolled! i quickly tell her we are still gog to the party! Party at Popo's place! gosh she immediately stopped crying and went back to sleep!



Saturday, 5th September. Woke up early and drag gx to help me carry stuff. i went to get teabreak and juices to entertain my teacher and Ser who popped by at my mums to visit me and to see baby! our hands were filled! it was a busy morning! bathe baby and then prep bags for staying over at mums. after loading the stuff at mums, pil and gx walked over to his cousin's baby full month party. happen that his cousin's pil's place is down the road a couple of house away from my mum's place.


no one was home and i started taking lots of pics of Rachel with her "my fair lady hat" while she was still in a good mood! lucky her wearing a very French dress from Aunty O! love this french brand! love the sweet, attitude, blur, happy, cheery, cheeky pics of Rach! she has loads of expressions!


Uncle K bot the hanging flowers and everyone tot it was fake! it beautified the house! i love the simple touches which brings out great effect! mum came home surprise to see only us as she tot we were should be attending the party down the road! mum has no idea that my aunt k arranged a surprise bbq for her! not long, my tcher came by and we had a long chat! shared my daily experiences with Rach and gosh listening to her many wedding celebrations and honeymoon in fiji, she sure had a good time during the summer hols! happy for her! after she left, ser and gam came by! Gx and i shared our happy baby moments with the couple. the peach cake i bought was not bad and love the blood orange juice from pokka! but with comparison, i still prefer the cloudy apple! waiting for photos from ser! my camera ran out of batt and i was saving it for my mum's cake-cutting! bbq was a quiet event as something upset my mum but was glad carrying her little grandaughter still puts a smile on her! its the first time my mum celebrate her bdae with her grandchild!


Sunday, 6th September. cool day... rainy day. we were having some quiet time reading papers and having early lunch. watched lots of tv, catching up with tvb serial. in the early afternoon, daddy brought gal out for a short walk. i stayed behind to rest. i like it at mum's place on the weekends.

pretty upset in the evening over poopoo issue... i was eating dinner and the issue arised... but i gave in to ease the tension. really its not easy being a mum. its a 24/7 job. trying to squeeze time for myself... some feel its selfish but its neccesary to me. i enjoy being a mum and i do my part to look after Rach and i love her but i need to do what i like and want when i can.
how not to love my gal?
seeing her grow, makes me happy
seeing her smile, puts a smile in my heart
it warms me up to hear her
when we hug, i feel so close to her
when she cry, i get nervous
when her eyes twinkle, i tear.

No comments: