*

Friday, July 3, 2009

gosh its been 3 weeks!

Time pass very fast with a new born in the house! every hour there is something to prep, something to wash, something to do! Of cos the feeding, the washing, the diaper changing and carrying, patting baby to sleep. after so many days with Rachel my little darling, she is getting good at telling us what she wants and we are getting good at reading what she needs us to do.

She sticks out her little tongue and making her little mouth round when she wants milk and when she is super hungry and we doubt her thus holding back, she will start to suck her fist or our arm .... then we move quickly to get her milk as she only gives us 3mins before she breaks into her cry! but we are coping well i must say and i thankful that my hubby helps out alot! sometimes even take the early nite shift on his own. also with the strong support at home, we get to sleep after dinner till about mn before we get back on shift.

Just this Tuesday, i brought her to see pediatrician... for diaper rash and cheek rash. she's got wind in tummy too... it cost $110 but the med work and i was relieve to see her getting better and not have to suffer from the red dots! it was painful for me to see her that way. Also on tuesday... by chance she cried when i was expressing milk... had to stop to carry her and she just latched on ... i was over the moon! miracle! must say she must be scared to see the nurses as we told her the plans for the next day... to see doc and then to the lactation nurses for help. anyway glad she managed to latch on and as there is a steady milk flow from expressing and i have been latching on since for 3 times a day and i still feed her formulae. guess i haven established enough yet to feed her! but i am happy with the progress. need to thank angie and penny for popping by to chat with me and got more advise with BF and also thanks to penny recommendation to get hotstone therapy but i couldn't get a slot, but i got a hotstone to massage before expressing and somehow it does help to increase milkflow!

am i having blues... 1st 2week wasa crazy! stress from both mothers... i know they care and love me and the baby... but sometimes the many questions, the many things they tell me to do... they concern over the breastmilk... drives me nuts. i am super sensitive esp when BREASTMILK is mention.... is it enough? is it the heaty food i eat affects the milk she drinks thus the cheek rash... OMG!!! i was suffering! had a showdown with my mum and i know she is upset with me and she doesnt want to upset me... but i really didnt need any more nagging! as for my mil, i only can sort it out with gx and he was caught in bewteen. But we both have worked things out and now we are working it fine. making it clear to both mothers and gaining their trust that we are capable to look after our baby.

had alot of plans for the party this weekend. but had to scape most of the plans as i seriuosly dun have the kind of time i wished i had to do them all. i decided not to be greedy and do what i can. From not having a party just want to give out pretty packages of cakes to relatives, we are now holding 2 parties. one at my mum's this sunday and one next saturday at my in-laws place. we are splitting friends into 2 groups. bigger groups of friends to be at tpy and smaller groups of friends and gx's collegues to be at my mums. its gog to be a huge group on both side! 80 on mums and 70 at tpy...

the best thing that happen since my baby is born... my relationship with my dad is so much better. he gave me alot of support during my confinement and he helped to look after little rachel at nite. My gal for the 1st 2 weeks don't like to sleep in air-conditioned room! so we camp in the living room with her. lucky rachel has 2 cots, passed down from the twins. sometimes when i am so tired, dad takes over my place and i get to have good rest in the room. he is oso the only person who is on shift thus the only one who is home most often in the afternoon, to lend me a helping hand.

confinement food - i must thank mum for working out my meals. she plans the menu for each day, walk thru the recipes with the maid, A. mary and i must say she trained Mary well that she cooks very well. i have best nourishment thanks to my mum and my mil have also been buying the green papaya and fish over to stock up for Mary to make soup for me. i am very lucky to have 2 mothers who fuss over my health.

this week, baby has been more well-behaved, less carrying-tantrums and i must thank my hubby who speaks to baby about it everynite, telling her to behave... i am suffering from worse wrist pain, back pain as i have bending over the cot endlessly to carry baby and put her in.... hate it on days that i am to carry her and not allowed to rest my feet! but she is a baby.... she melts my heart when she makes a cute face... my little anpan face is so cute and it calms me down when she stops crying or when the carry and walk-round the house cause pain in my body! being parents is not easy... but its a world of new experience and its worth it!

gota pen off althou there are so many things to write about! gota do as much as i can before she wakes up for shower and milk before i have my lunch and i need to do something for the party.
looking forward to the party this Sunday!

No comments: