*

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

People we need to thank very much for making the party happen!

First party on 5th July 2009, Actual celebration on 10th July 2009 and 2nd party on 11th July 2009.
My girl has turned 1month old last friday! from not planning to hold any full month party... we had 3 parties for my little one! One at my mum's place for my side of relatives and my close buddies and gx's collegues, one on actual day just for our immediate family members and then one at tpy for gx's side of relatives and his frens and our group of classmates from SI.
when i told my frens we are keeping it simple by giving away cakes as we have too many relatives and we would need a huge place and it will almost be a mini wedding if we have to hold one... and my in-laws didnt want to trouble everyone to travel all the way to see their little grand-daugther..... my frens bet it wot be the case... well, they were right.... when the 3rd person told me -impossible that i won't hold a party for my dear baby.... i did spend my last few weeks before Rachel was born searching for buffets, cakes, think of what i want my little gal's party to be like, went thru many menus from restuarants and look for venue to hold the event... i dun like to feel lost, rushed into making decisions and i was sure that i won't have time (which i was right!) i wanted to be prepared with info if there was gog to be any party!

well... many relatives send us well-wishes and then told my in-laws they will definitely be there for the party.... em..... party... yes that gave the turning point when many said they will sure come!

No time to update my June's experiences! Its already mid-july! but i need to thank 2 people who i found on the internet! they made my party memorable! First of all, i am so glad i found Aunty Yochana! She is my idol! i found her while i was searching for recipes. then i became a follower on her blog. She bakes almost everyday! Bakes everything and anything is possible! i am very lucky to have found her! i saw the Pirates Macaron Croquembouche she did for a boy, i knew i wanted one for my gal! check out the pics aunty uploaded! she updates her blog regularly and with her permission, i have the links to the creation she made for my little gal!http://auntyyochana.blogspot.com/2009/07/1-month-old-rachels-macaron.html

below is the link where she took pics of the macarons she baked and it so beautiful! i attended sit&watch marcaron class before and i know its not easy to have it all look so beautiful! she is incredible! there are 101 macarons in my croquembouche but maybe she pipped more than 101! http://auntyyochana.blogspot.com/2009/07/macaron-shells.html

when i walked into the kitchen to meet aunty, i felt nervous and excited.... sure i was excited! when i step into her kitchen... i was like a little gal in a candy house! gosh! she has a huge oven... like the ones in a bakery! there were 2 huge trays of biscuits in the oven! then i saw the island in the middle of the baking room... wot call it a kitchen after i saw so many baking equipments in this room! OMG! when i saw my macarons creation sitting on the marble island, i scream! Heinkein ad... yes this was a dream kitchen and i love the creation she did for my little gal! she had a whole shelf just filled with colourings and flavourings.... the mutli cooling rack like the ones in the bakery... heavens! For those who reads her blog... she is not old! she is young looking! i gave her a hug to express my joy which was uncontainable!

she is so sweet just like desserts! she was so kind to show me another box she prep and its a gift from her to my little gal! its a beautiful stroller agaragar! its so pretty and we had a simple agaragar cake-cutting ceremony with my guests who stayed till evening!
http://auntyyochana.blogspot.com/2009/07/babys-stroller-for-rachel.html

thats not all! then she hands me a paper bag.... so sweet of her, she gave me some baby themed cookies that were nicely decorated! i gave these to people who helped me alot thru the confinement and helping me run the party!
http://auntyyochana.blogspot.com/2009/07/stroller-cookies.html
http://auntyyochana.blogspot.com/2009/07/babys-clothes.html

for my 2nd party, i have already ordered a pooh bear agaragar (pooh bear holding a number 1 - to represent 1 month!) from my regular agaragar maker, then i wanted something that everyone can take home... so i called on aunty to bake some lovely pooh bears cookies for my party at tpy! in comparison, i knew that there are more kids coming for the tpy party. http://auntyyochana.blogspot.com/2009/07/phoo-bear-lollipop-cookies-for-dear.html
the cookies were so pretty! Aunty shocked me when i took one cookie to examine her detailed work.... when i turned the lollypop cookie.... i saw my gal's name! she pipped for all 40 cookies i ordered! i was amazed!
just 4 days away from the party, i gave aunty a call to order a pooh bear agar agar from her.... i was afraid when the 2nd batch of guest coming at the 2pm slot, will not get to see the pooh bear jelly so i decided to try aunty yochana's agar agar... in comparison aunty yochana's agaragar has less coconut which was more refreshing and cooling! many of my friends prefered her version! the 3d agaragar was so heavy! all the kids fell in love it once i took it out to display!
http://auntyyochana.blogspot.com/2009/07/phoo-bear-agar-agar.html
Thank you Aunty Yochana for all the lovely cheesecake and black sesame swissroll! all your bakes are very nice and everyone in the family liked it! we are all amazed with your baking!

then i need to thank another blogger Elyn. http://esjoie.wordpress.com/
i chanced upon her blog and i got many cookie cutters from her and she was so kind to share her cookie recipe with me and i managed to make some butter cookies for my gal's party. I punched out 3 trays of little pooh bear faces and my cousins loved them and i sure hope the rest of the people who tried them would agree! also i need to thank Ann for helping me bake brownies for my little gal's party and also for preparing the cookie dough for me. Dap for cutting out many Rachel's name! sorry i didnt get to use it for this party as i didnt manage to bake my cupcakes as i planned! Thanks to dap who shopped for the little rocking horses with me and also helped me prep the cookie dough! for taking half a day to help me out for my party! Big thanks to my aunt k and nesa who made 5 trays of cheesecake which i served only to family members.
i also need to thank my dad, mum, mil, fil for cleaning up the house and preparing for the party! they worked so hard without us helping out! Also thanks to Ann's bf Edmond! he helped me entertained the kids at my mum's with his balloon sculpting! he can do wonders with the balloons! he made pink panther, flowers and the kids loved it! Big thanks to my sister, my bil and my sil and bf for sponsoring new balloons and pumping helium for the existing balloons for the party! if i missed anyone out please forgive me as i have very poor memory now!!!

Thank you to all the people who made the party possible by turning up! We thank everyone for all the well-wishes and all the lovely gifts showered on our little gal. There were too many people at the party and if i didn't get to interact with you... please forgive my poor hospitality! gosh, i was aching all over on party days and feeling very tired but i was very happy to see everyone!
From Gx, Me and baby Rachel! THANK YOU EVERYONE For being part of our celebration!

No comments: