*

Friday, December 11, 2009

chasing novemember cos its december already!

started this post on the 2nd of dec... its 11th dec already and its stuck so i need to speed it thru as i got so much to load on my little gal's 6th mth old! so fast nov is over and its been day 11 into dec! here are some of the things i experience, love, hate, new, old that happened before Nov ended.... given myself a time to post this... by today before mn! whether i finished my entry...

*
the wonderful book from my nice neighbour! you can't have a better neighbour than the one i have! i am very lucky to know her as she is friendly and she is so kind to share not only her experience but her things! she gave me a book that came in handy as its time to know how to prep baby R's meals! i simply love the book she gave me as its got local context in it. as in things like ikan billis is mention in the food list, rice porridge... love the pics on the recipe pages... they look so good almost like a cookbook! most of all the info in it is great! i like the methods and clear instructions given for each kind of food on how much, how to make the puree or cook it!



long before i gave birth i started buying some good mags Parents to learn parenting and Annabel Karmel Family cookbook for learning to prep food for babies - toddlers - older kidos! love the food which is not boring but full of flavour made good for little ones and the adults! also it gives good advices and teaches how to prep oneself to make food for babies!
*

*
its seemed like a Melody month! when i got my new hp, i needed a pouch and i found my little melody in my drawers. I ordered mini little ziplocks that came in 4 sizes. cutez! can keep little nibbles for my little baby R in time to come! my new love is the melody cookie cutters! pretty! also i got a set of alphabet cutters! i like the 101 kitty plastic bag i bought from the spree! can't wait to make gx a cappacino and powder snoppy and woodstock on it! love the HK bakeware spree! thank goodness everything looks better than it was on the net!


*
on 13th, i sneaked out to buy stuff at PS. Main objective was to buy little R some organza for her xmas outfit, get new HP, get some stuff from Daiso and my dear's 3-fold mattress. didnt get what i came for at spotlight. didnt find any checked cloth.... nothing xmasy, all the checked were 2 colour of endless squares... then the organza is soooo ex! got from haji $2 per m and the stiff organza at SL were gog $6-$8 per m! but i chose a white on white dotted organza and unexpectedly got a triple pretty tin for storing my baking stuff! walked past barang and fell straight for the snowman platter! and got a lighted up snowman too! spent way too much at daiso! got alot of baking stuff and home stuff! got some cinnamon roll cup, fork and spoon for baby r thou she is still far from using metal stuff but they were way too cute to be on the shelf!

*
thanks to sis who gave me treats at sushi tei twice and i got to test my hp camera! its been awhile since i had such a feast and i simply love the cheesy scallops! but eating out is never the same anymore! bad thing that happen is that we meet terrible spec vendor! ergh ate the stupid attitude lady! gosh she is a terrible sales person! rude and ergh!!!! mum still have yet to collect her specs cos it not properly done! we have been there 3 times and tomolo will be the 4th time! wonder if my mum will get her new spec before the new year comes!

*
simply love receiving parcels! got my goodies from Kitchen Capers! love the HK cakepan! but too bad dun think i will get to use it yet!

*

my little Ms Pipi!!! she kept sticking out her tongue!
*
my little one kept spitting out her pacifier and i played with her, put it near her mouth and pulling it away before she could get it and in the end after 3 rounds, she stuck her tongue out at me! she is so wiggly that she tries to crawl of from my lap! she loves playing with the sesame street ball and em... lick it! i will always scream NO when she wets it secretly! she is very good at grabbing the round object with her tiny hands!


*
my room after sme clean up but its not done yet as i still have many things coming from my mum's place! the room at the state is in a total mess! hope to clear it all up before the New Year!


created out very own little xmas corner in the room! did a diy poster project to cover up the window in the room! i find the extra window an eyesore! these photos are taken when the room is alittle tidier! soon the room will change alittle again when i get the hand over pretty new (less than 1yrs) fixtures!

*
Had a super busy Saturday on the 21st! went to see mum's newly bought flat. the previous owner is a graphic designer and he get very good quality stuff for his house. from the marble tiles that he personally picked to the kind of wood her uses for his walk-in wardrobe to the smallest details like the door knob - they are all high end qualities and mum even get to keep a few pc of designer lightings! the kitchen has a special feature! will take more pics when mum officially move in. little r slept while we were viewing the house. for a very long time she didnt sleep with her pondering pose!


daddy was so sweet to bring us out straight to forum for a shopping trip! yiyi and nesa tagged along! we were busy choosing stockings for our little gal for cousin A's wedding! when i asked daddy to choose, he chose a different pair from me. sis and nesa chose the one i liked and when i asked little R, she reached for the one daddy chose! daddy's little gal! but yiyi took the pink instead of the black shoe stocking and paid for it and gave it to baby r as a xmas gift!
love the xmas decor! it makes us feel like we are in fairyland!
*
then we head to Laguna to see UncleK's new property! the view is great! but the house was still in a very 80s setting! trust that under U.K's hands, he will sure transform the look of the house to something that will WOW everyone! little R was in the same colour as Popo and they looked so matching! but mum cannot take little R's fist eating habit!
*
On Sunday 22nd, while we were in the gardens having breakfast and discussing family matters, an eagle was circling the sky and over my mum's house several times. then we were went into mum's room, i noticed a little golden brown ladybug landed on Baby R's milkbottle! it stayed on the bottle and moved over to the milk-dispenser and when i needed to pack up the stuff, i bought the ladybug to the gardens.



sweet sweet dear asked me on a date! he told me it was jus me and him. he planned something in the morning but it didnt go according to his plan! he called me and i found it weird to hear him in the train! he apologise to me as he didnt manage to get me the limited edition of longchamp orange large-sized bag that i eyed on! i laughed when he told me that the sales girl didnt reserve the bag for him and when i asked him when he reserved it... it was when we went to get his mum's bdae gift which was almost at the start of NOV! he actually went back to the counter and asked the gal to reserve the bag for him as i pretty liked the bag! thou he didnt get the bag, i was still glad he had the thought! so 1st of all, we went to tag to collect my watch. he paid for overhaul and i hope that my watch dun ever die on me again! then he brought me to have dessert at chinatown point! durian pomelo sago was heavens! i was glad we did have a little pat toh time! little one was very well behaved as she slept while we were out! when we went home we slept some time with her on the bed, talking, playing and as usual sing her bedtime songs!
*



*
many thanks to agnes for lending me so many of her books and till now i yet to have time to touch them. suddenly feel like reading something besides my love for cookbooks and baby books! I went to ikea and got the house some new furnitures! a new bookself for our room, a shoe cabinet, a display unit and a kitchen movable stand. so i was busy packing in my recipes books and food mags and realise i got tons of them! the cutest book i ever had is the book that is shaped as a smuckers jar of marmalade! yes the recipes in it uses all the flavours of the smuckers marmalade! i also made my very own recipe book. i have this since secondary school days. i followed my mum and got one of those huge account books and started writing my own collection of recipes and paste the collection that i found from newspaper and mags! but the difference is i hated the plain ugly cover so i cut out food images and did my own collage back then!

baby r started a habit of turning halfway thru her sleep and nap on her tummy!
*
grandpa's first walk with baby r, mil and i to the market! he didnt mind the long walk and being late to open his stall! he simply loves our little gal and he loves bringing her out for walks! since then every monday, fil attempts to bring her out!
*
came a day, woke up and looked into the mirror and i knew i needed a change. so i got some time off in the morning, head to a $10 haircut shop and told them to cut away my tail thats hanging at the back of my head! which i hated! since i gave birth, my strands of hair seems thicker... and hate seeing them so messy at the back of my head! chopped! and i was happier! then i head to get myself some hairdye! got home coloured my own hair and felt so much happier! funny thing was i dressed up alittle and when mil saw me walked out from the room, she questioned - Where are you going? I answered -No where just feel like dressing up alittle more... dun feel like wearing home clothes!
*

love the bumbo chair! had a video taken of little R sitting in her bumbo chair!
*
27th met up with Soh, Helen, Agnes and Mic. We had 3 types of crabs, chicken wings, satay and 5 spice crackers for dinner at Soh's place! then we chatted and watched the babies have fun in the playroom!
daddy went to KL for work and fil had the car. so we drove down to Simalu for lunch and went to the temple to pray. Fil went to see sinseh to get treatment for his shoulders. after he was done, they left for home while i waited for dap to come. had our favourite briyani and the must drink - rose syrup with lime! then we walked in the rain to check out a new bakery that i know of. its been so long since i gave birth that we had outings like before, walking and exploring places!
*
we were at opp Rex cinema checking out the fresh bakes in a tiny shop but we loved what we saw! bamboo charcoal buns! we bought some to try out and we walked all the way back to starbucks at the ... dun know what the new name of that building opp the soyabean shophouse... sat down and chat and tried out the buns! there was a sweet potato filling bun that was nice and the charcoal bun with custard filling was better than the anpan filling bamboo charcoal bun. i love the cheese tarts and some how... the best filling for cheesetartlets (sis and i vote the same for ....) - Blueberries! got some of these lovely rich cheese tartlets for the farewell spa party at angies. i parted with dap and i headed home to check on my little gal who was asleep and rushed down to meet the ladies. then i head home to cuddle my baby gal! the next day, my fil drove me down to his sinseh to fix up my wrist that was in pain... they had very nice prawn mee while i ate the not-too-bad minced meat mee and till now i still having craving to try out that prawn mee soup! i carried little R in my arms and thus ordered something dry to eat... then ate my favourite peach tart that is a simple combi of nice pastry tart, filled with fresh cream and topped with a half peach and coated with a layer of gelatine... to take away the pain from my wrist...

my little one at 5mths+ is a little speedo dido! she rolls very fast and she tries to do stunts! i out her on daddy's mattress and she tried to get of it! she likes her feet to touch the ground! the more i have to watch her closely even when she sleeps! she rolls over at times! also she looks alittle rounder! opps ... esp the photo i took of her before i changed her... she was in a very good mood as she kept smiling! but she can be a little monster at times as she tries to get her way most of the time! but when she sleeps... she looks so peaceful...
*

No comments: