*

Monday, November 9, 2009

my very first 2-tiered cake!

November 1st 2009. Sunday. An important day for me! I have looked forward for this day and i was feeling excited since i woke up that morning! left early as i didnt like to be late for class. as an usual pratice i like to be at least 30mins early. i like to get into the environment and have time to go thru the recipes before class starts.

*


*
Making my very first 2-Tiered Fondant Cake!


Love watching Chef Philia. She has such soothing voice and she makes every step look easy and never intimaditing! Covering the cake with fondant was alittle scary for me! cos i wanted it to cover the cake perfectly thou its my first try! i was glad i did manage a good job for the 6" cake but the smaller 4" cake was a challenge! I never tot the smaller cake would be so much more difficult! but lucky the asst. instructor Fiona was such a sweet girl who have such steady hands, helped me out to make sure my white fondant covered the cake nicely! i did my homework before gog for class! i did flip books, drew sketches and did a study on colour combination! the roses i made are not perfect... but with encouragement from Fiona who kept telling me, the rose look good, i kept on moulding my 2 other roses and all 3 roses looked the same with big bloomed petals! guess its my way of moulding roses for now! personally i do love the lime green and dark purple i created! i sure hope i can create the same colours next time! the class was really fun thou i looked stressed out! i was afraid of taking too long to finish or having not enough time to finish as i have to rush back to see baby rachel! But i really enjoyed myself and happy with my first creation!



thou i had a great time, went home to face my unhappy hubby! he told me baby cried with tears looking for me... she was terribly upset not having me around... my sis who can pacify her had gone over to her inlaws for dinner and i ended way too late, away from her for too long... but when she saw me, she had a sad look but she wanted me to hug her as she leaned towards me from my mum's arms. gx said that she cried and seems to have mumble mama... i gave my baby girl a tight hug and told her i was sorry... dear was alittle impatient with me and didnt want to see my creation... making me alittle sad. mum told me it was nice. had alot of encourgement from my friends when i posted it on FB! dear too wrote something sweet on my FB when he cooled off... we took pics with the cake 2 days later as i have left it at mum's fridge! took alot of photos of my very first fondant 2-tiered cake before i cut it up for dessert!

this was taken after i was done in class by the founder of Sugar Inc, Anna! She is very kind as she emailed all the students all the pictures she took! Her shot is so much shaper than the ones i took of my cake! to view the works of other follow students check out Sugar Inc's website! http://www.sugar-inc-cake.com/

No comments: