*

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fun Start for the 1st week of November!

NOVEMBER 10th today and Rachel is 5 MONTHS OLD today! she is growing well and is a Big baby now! fights with your fingers cos she wants to hold her own bottle, filps over and turns back easily! she now can Force her way to sit up and tells you what she thinks - most of the time pretty loudly! SHE's My Little Darling! Happy 5 months old! another 30days, mummy will make your 1st meal! my next projects after my baking classes is to read and find recipes for your tummy
*
November 2nd Monday. Still feeling excited about the 2-tier cake! can't see my cake as i left it in mum's fridge. so i uploaded the pics i took in class onto FB and i got great response and i felt happy as my cake is liked by my friends! i appreciate the encouragement and i am truly touched and happy! Monday is always grandparents day for me as my in-laws are off from work and they get to play with Rachel. Suppose to pack up and tidy up the room but i chose to ignore it and instead i wanted to chase my blog which was very backdated!!! i am tired and didnt want to do the chores alone and moreover i really need a shelf for all the books that are still in our old room... did something fun, think it was way too much "dry" lemon pound cake for everyone in the house... so i took out one of my new baking buy - baby themed cookie cutter and did some pretty diecut out of the rainbow cake!

Novemeber 3rd Tuesday. Mum and sis is off from work and they came by to pick us up! Both Rachel and I were ready and as usual little Rach refuse her milk as she is way too excited waiting for Yiyi to come. She eavedrops my conversation and made it so difficult for MIL to feed her milk! when sis came, we were both getting the things ready at the door and my gal force herself up from mil's arms to see whats happening! she made an angry face and rattle off in her baby language! that made 3 of us laughed as we are amazed that she wanted our attention, making sure we didnt leave her out!
so as usual, we had to bring the unfinished milk out of the house for little R to finish it up in the car! after picking up our aunt k, sis gave us a treat at AMK Jack's place. sis said the executive lunch set is worth it and it sure is! think it was less than $12 or was it less than $10 for a set lunch! we were the first customers and we had so much space to walk Rachel to sleep! and it was great timing as when the food was served, she was sound asleep and i used my jap carrier to cuddle her while i eat! mum and sis helped to slice up my fish fillet, making it easy for me to eat. with an additional $1 you get to change the soup of the day and they all had mushroom soup while i upgraded to lobster bisque with $2 charged. the peach soda was 1-for-1. it was not bad, having bits and pieces of peach in the drink. sis, aunt and mum had steak and it was definitely worth it! love Jack's place baked potato! the mixed fruit pie served with custard sauce was not bad.



after working 14 days straight in a row, enduring many late nites, mum took 2 days off. so sis, mum, baby and i spent some afternoon time in the gardens. admiring the growth in the garden. mum looked very tired and most of all, she looked so drained. i am thankful to my inlaws for being nice and allowing me to stay over for 2 straight days! i know mum misses little R and Popo have hardly any bonding time with her over the 2 weeks cos she works on the weekends and came home very late in the nite and we had left for home. little R was nice and she seemed to love the change in her afternoon, not just me and her stuck at home!


Novemeber 4th Wednesday. Mum took baby R for a walk while giving me some time to eat my breakfast! when i was done, i stood at the gate waiting for them and i mananged to take shots of them on the road! Mum wanted to go thomson plaza to make a new pair of spec and get her eye checked as she having vision problem. its so lucky that sis passed her driving and she is steady enough to drive us but she have one problem... she must know the route and she only go by the way she is familiar! i coined her the train track driver! yes i can't drive and if it was me and if just started driving, yes i would do the same! i just say it to please my mum as she kept harping on my sis on an incident that happen the day before! but i say my sis is very steady already! i am very proud of her cos it was full house in the car and she got us all to the destination, safe and sound!


again we were the 1st customers! We were suppose to have dimsum at peach gardens. but mum and aunt saw a 1-for-1 promo and we had that with a few dim sums. little one wasnt as sleepy as the day before! she was very awake and i had to eat and carry her with one hand and after awhile, dad and sis took turns with me to carry her and we had to walk her around the place!


the dishes were not memorable. i like the fatty pork rib but didnt find the shark fin fried rice fantastic and the abalone slices were small and very thin! so the set if not very worth it! half way thru lunch, i walked little Rach to ser's mum's shop and Fel was there. she carried little R and we chatted for awhile. as usual whenever mum make spectacles, she would want me to help her to choose the frame. found mum a nice pair of Valentino and the rest of the range was not suitable and true enough, mum only like the pair i chose! sis was very nice, she knew i had body aches and she kindly booked a massage session for me using her package and she even drove me there and after the massage, picked me up! i had a very relaxed afternoon! Then it was so shiok when i got to drink fresh payaya milk shake that nite after dinner! the nite before we had very nice cold honeydew juice! felt very pampered!

mum kept pushing us to take the bigger cot home for baby R... but we ever asked Rachel and she shook her head so hard, when we ask if she wants to sleep in the cot! mum tried many times thru the 2 days. little R was nice to grandma and never rejects when she is put into the cot to lie down but she is so active, once she is in the cot, she is sure to turn to be on her tummy! sis was using the elmo to entertain her! little R loves to play! pretty playful!



We went back home that nite. next day was just mil in the morning with us as usual and in the afternoon baby and me. think i was way to tired and i dun seem to remember what happened on thursday. for sure, i was busy loading photos as i took many photos and i needed to clear space for my weekend classes! Friday was a waiting day! sis called and said they would come pick me up about lunch time.... then she called and say 2+pm.... after which it was delayed further till 6+pm and after they picked mum from work, we finally got out of the house and head back to mums! needed to be at mums on friday as i have a very early class the next day!


Novemeber 7th Saturday. Woke up very early and told Rachel i needed to go for class... to help her understand... i told her its exactly like daddy and pils gog to work... i needed to go out for awhile and will be back after class.... she ignored me... she gave me LOUD AHHHHsss, refused to say byebye to me.... unlike her as she is always eager to be at the door when we send daddy to the door every morning and she don't sleep so she won't miss sending her ah gong to the lift! i like to be early for class and esp gog to a new venue... i prefer to be early in case i can't find the place... but i didnt know i was super early for class! i tot the class was at 10am! i was there at 9.30am and was wondering how come no one came for class yet when it was almost 10am... offered to help with the prep. so i was helping to stick stickers onto the plastic boxes.... then i asked.... what time is the class.... i was an hour early!!!


i was hesistating whether to take this class till somehow, irene and i chatted on FB about it and on the spot, we both signed up immediately and this is the 1st class we attend together! we were in the same team, working with 2 others to make these italian macarons. instead of the french method, according to the chef instuctor, this is a more stable method! alittle disappointed when the lemon curd was not in the recipe pack... this was what i mainly came for as i love lemon curd! but the instructor did tell me she will give me the recipe via email! thats so sweet of her! love the colours our team did for the macarons! they looked great together! after i got home from class, i did a photoshoot for the macarons! had fun!

Aunt O was very nice to buy me the cupcakes! told her that i didnt get to try the halloween cupcakes and she got me 2 to try! i dun know where these are from! but i love the packaging! love the pokka dotted ribbons! i love pokka dots and moreover tied in a nice bow! the truth is i haven tried the cupcake as i type! i cut it up to share with nesa but my portion is still in the fridge as i had too much sweet for the day! and i skip the cupcakes as i attended another decorating class on Sunday!

we celebrated Aunt S' bdae that nite!
next morning, we had some morning time in the garden!
thanks to my hubby, mum, sis and my bil, i made my way to my last class! my hubby sent me to class and yes, very sweet of him... but i rather not as he usually leaves pretty late and i end up just in time for class! but still with him sending me there, saves me cab fare thou!

No comments: